Sunday, October 5, 2014

Oct 1: in closing.......

Well, our Camino is over and we're currently enroute back to the United States.  The past 2 days, we've talked about how we both began to feel "re-entry" back into our previous lifestyle: the stress of having to be somewhere at a certain time, starting to think about all of the things we need to do when we get home, etc.  Hopefully, though, we keep some of the new routines or ways of approaching things that we learned along the Camino.  I've talked to Linda about how I'd like to continue walking (just not such long distances :-), for giving my mind a break and to remind myself how to be more in the present.  Also, reaching out to and helping others more, and trying to reduce some of the everyday stresses in our lives (which is definitely a struggle for me.  I was all stressed out today about getting to the airport on time because for international flights in Barcelona, they typical close the check-in desks one hour before the flight.  Anyway, if you see me getting all stressed out about something, please feel free to remind me to return to the "ways of the Camino").

In closing, I wanted to share something that was in one of the credencials we used for collecting stamps at many of the places we visited along our trip.  While it definitely applies to the Camino, I think it also applies to our everyday lives.  It is called The Spirit of the Camino, and it is a list of things to remember as we each walk The Way each day.  It says:

-Live in the moment.

-Welcome each day - its pleasures and its challenges.

-Make others feel welcome.

-Share.

-Feel the spirit of those who have gone before you.

-Imagine those who will follow you.

-Appreciate those who walk with you today.

Buen Camino.
Rob and Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment